Family

Family

Thursday, April 25, 2013

V is for Veteran

 Thank a veteran when you get a chance. I've heard people tell me how easy we have it with hubs in the military and its hard not to laugh or get offended. Right now besides working 8-12 hour days he has to fit in 3 times a week an hour of working out as well as starting up physical therapy for his knees. On top of all this he's being told he doesn't volunteer enough. He's done security for concerts/events, Navy ball committee (meetings 2 times a week plus fundraising on weekends) and now he is coaching children on the weekend (not ours because foster care doens't count as volunteering apparently).  The idea that he is on shore duty and how much easier my life is just makes me laugh. I've been through a 6 month deployment,  a year long training session and a year long TDY to Diego Garcia. I feel like its even harder for men and women who know their spouse is in a combat zone so thank a veteran. Don't tell them they have it made because of health insurance or something stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment