Family

Family

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

C is for the Captain

 So if you've read any of my blog posts you know I have 3 boys Legoman, Captain (Cap or Cap'n) and Moose. My sweet middle boy has the nickname Cap as in Captain America his favorite superhero of all time. It fits him too since he is smaller than all the other kids in his grade but is the toughest little guy I know. I think he probably has more muscle than most kids his age, his chest is bigger than his older brother's. When they wrestle he can more than hold his own against his brother who's 2 1/2 years older than him. At the same time he is the first to protect anyone who he thinks needs it; whether its me or a little girl on the playground who tripped while playing.

 Cap can't wait for foot ball season to start up. He's dying to play now that he's finally 5 and old enough to do so. I think he's the most athletically gifted person in the family (although that's not really saying much). He has had an amazingly accurate aim when throwing ever since he was 9 months and the coordination to catch a ball before he turned a year. While he doesn't love school he's already told me he's going to college with a scholarship for football.

 When he started school this year he was in the 'slower' group and now he has graduated to the advanced groups in his kindergarten class. His teacher was singing his praises at the last parent teacher conference. This year he learned to read and even though its still hard for him he never gives up and plugs through Dr. Seuss and still tells me he liked the story. Even his writing has gone from barely legible to neater than Legoman's.

 I love my sweet Cap'n who has my eyes and is the first child that looked like me. Even though he's stuck in the middle he makes himself heard and I love hanging out with him.

1 comment:

  1. I wish him luck on the football scholarship! So great to hear about some of your boys =)

    ReplyDelete