Family

Family

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

N is for No News

 You know the saying 'No news is good news'? Well I don't really agree, I hate waiting to hear. I am a plan ahead type of person and I like to plan out every minute detail of my day. Helps me deal with anxiety and what I refer to as my overactive imagination. For trips I write out my plan for the day of leaving and what I need to do that day. I love lists. They keep me organized. I love schedules they help me stay sane. When a social worker tells me they should know in a week or two whether we're going to have to look at ICWA laws then I expect news in a week or two. That way I can start planning. As it sits now through no ones fault I have to wait till next month before I even get any news. Our social worker was injured and had surgery a couple days ago and is going to take a few weeks off to recover. Completely makes sense to me, she needs her rest and time to heal. The fact that we're having to wait is driving me crazy though. Its not like it is going to hurt to wait a couple extra weeks though. As my husband points out, they're basically just paying us to watch our daughter longer. Once the adoption is finalized we'd no longer get a monthly reimbursement for her care (right now they are talking about giving us a subsidy though). Even though we'd be getting less 'extra income' I can't wait. As hard a concept as it seems for some people to grasp, we're not in this for the money.  So yeah, back to the point of this post no news. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from the A-Z today. Your boys are cute-love that photo in your header. I have daughters, nearly grown...they'd say fully grown but I can pretend : ) I hope you get the news you're waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No news can sometimes be the worst kind of news. I seriously hate that. But I love the name of your blog.

    Happy A to Z blogging.
    pensuasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete