Family

Family

Saturday, April 13, 2013

L is for Legoman

 So today is the day for L and its pretty easy to pick because I have a child for this day. Legoman is my oldest child, my first born and my favorite. Ok ok I'm kidding... mostly. Legoman is definitely my easiest child. He wasn't when he was a baby though, he wouldn't sleep unless I was there with him. It took me almost 2 years to get him weaned, that child did not want me out of his sight. He also had me wrapped around his pinkie finger.
 Now Legoman is so easy and helpful. He pretty much taught himself to read, he went to kindergarten and one day came home reading. I asked his teacher if they'd been working on it and she was like, no we're working on letter sounds but we're only to m. Then she told me he's been reading stuff in class too. Math came really easily to him as well, he never ceases to amaze me. This year he brought home his report card full of A's but was devastated because he got a B+. I'm not sure where it came from since neither Hubby nor I did that well in school.
 I keep trying to get him involved in other extracurricular activities. He really wants to be in boy scouts but finding a group here has proven more difficult than expected. For beginning of the year he was in the running club at school but they've stopped doing that for lack of volunteers. So now he wants to start hiking with his dad. They're going to start training together so they can hike on the PCT with hubby's parents. We got new hiking boots for him yesterday, now he just needs his own backpack.
He is an awesome kid and just growing way to darn fast. Yesterday he asked if we could get him an Iphone so he can call his friends and grandma. At least he's not asking for a car yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment