Family

Family

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

B is for BOYS!

 So I kind of looked back on my older posts and realized how much it sounded like I didn't appreciate how blessed I was to have such wonderful boys. I love having boys, yes I am on a quest to add some pink into the equation but there are so many things I love about having boys. When I first got pregnant I wanted a boy, I knew he was a boy and I was thrilled.
5 Reasons Boys are Great
 Reason #1- Boys always have a soft spot for their when they're teens. I know I was a horrible person to my mom when I was growing up and hit that teenage time but my brothers adored their mom and even my mom through their teen years and even now. (Technically they're my half brothers but that's a story for another day).

 Reason #2- My boys have the most amazing caring souls. If I'm sad they're right there to cheer me up, if I'm scared they're pulling out the nerf guns and fists to protect me and they tell me how pretty I am at least once a day.

 Reason #3- I never have to squish a spider again. I call the Captain and he's right there to protect me from the potentially poisonous spider or take the defiantly safe spider outside.

 Reason #4- Grocery carriers. Even my little 3 year old Moose makes it a priority to help carry them in while the girls immediately want to go into the house and play with their toys.

 Reason #5- They always want to snuggle with me whether they're covered in dirt or freshly cleaned from a bath they are always in the mood to snuggle with their momma.

So if sometimes it seems like I am fixated on barbies and ballet shoes please realize that I'm not unhappy with my boys. I am a bit more into girly things so having someone to do all those things with appeals to me but for my boys I've learned about football, started camping and taught someone how to pee standing up. I adore my boys and wouldn't trade them for anything.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's that whole Mother/son and Father/daughter dynamic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to come to you with questions if I ever have a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what I'd do if boys weren't around to get rid of spiders! Oh, and to open jars :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have three younger brothers and no sisters. I always wanted a sister. I have to agree with you, though--boys are fun and sweet in their own way!

    Kate @ BJJ, Law, and Living

    ReplyDelete