Family

Family

Saturday, April 6, 2013

F is for Farm

 I have a secret (well unless you know me in real life) desire to have a farm. In 3-4 years hubby and I want to have a farm. Not one to earn a ton of money or anything just something that is pretty much self sufficient. We want cows, chickens, ducks, guinea fowl, rabbits, sheep, pigs and great Pyrenees dogs. Actually we've picked the breeds for most of our livestock. Dexter cows, Icelandic Sheep, Orpington and Americana chickens and American Chinchilla Rabbits. We've haven't looked into pigs and ducks as much yet. I am already gardening with heirloom organic seeds (well mostly). We're trying to weed out GMO fruits and veggies. With a large farm that's something we can do. I'm thinking 20-50 acres while Hubby wants over 100. We'll  have to see what we can find but I can not wait. We will wait though since we have to wait and see what happens with Giggles we're not going to leave her with a new foster family while she has to go through visits with her dad. We are even waiting for at least a year after they reunite her so that if he messes up we are still here to be there for her. She loves cows. That's her in the picture below

Cap playing with baby chicks

All 5 of the kiddos on the tire swing.
 See what I mean a farm would be great.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you want a farm, I hope it all works out for you! My parents had chickens, ducks, and pigs part of my childhood, rabbits too, but it didn't work out so well - I don't think any of us really had a farmer's heart. And my mom's vegetable gardens never worked very well. Part of that might have been the climate though! It's so nice that you're willing to put this dream on hold to make sure Giggles is safe and comfortable too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a farm, but I don't think I'd like the reality of it. I'm way too much of a city girl at heart ;D

    ReplyDelete