Family

Family

Monday, April 15, 2013

M is for Moose

 Moose is my baby boy. He is so adorably sweet and will forever be my baby since he was my last child born. He is tiny, this last week he finally made it onto the charts and into the 5% for height and shot right up to the 20% in weight. Even though he's older than Princess and Giggles he weighs as much as Princess who is a whole 13 months younger than him and is barely taller than her (and she's short being in the 25% for height herself). It makes him seem like even more of a tiny baby which makes it easier to still cuddle and hold him like a baby but I'm sure he's going to hate it when he's older if he doesn't hit a serious growth spurt.

 My Moose is a future chef, well at least I hope so. He loves knives and food. Even though he loves food and helping in the kitchen he is the pickiest eater in the house and refuses to eat things that aren't presented nicely on his plate. Moose is the first child I have had to deal with the rule of not letting things touch each other on the plate. For the longest time his only toys that he would play with were his cooking toys and pretend food. We also had to deal with his crazy love of Paula Deen and Alton Brown. Instead of cartoons he only wanted to watch cooking.

 Now he's started branching out with toys and tv. He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins and Go, Diego, Go. Moose has also started liking guns. He says he needs them to 'get da bad guys. zomees.' 'Zomees' are zombies because apparently I am not observant and he has developed a love of Walking Dead. My husband and I try to watch it when the kids are doing other things but Moose has started sneaking in to watch it.

 Next year my baby will start preschool I'm glad and sad all at the same time. I think it will be good for him, he didn't start talking until 2 1/2 when we had a foster child the same age. I think being around his peers (other than his sisters) will benefit him in the long run. I just can't believe how fast time flies.
From this
to this, in the blink of an eye


1 comment:

  1. moose is an awesome nickname! my 3rd baby boy is cooper =) boys are fun!

    and i see you are adopting a girl, what a process!! good luck!

    and i love that you two are on the cover of your father in laws book! fantastic!

    ReplyDelete