Family

Family

Monday, April 8, 2013

G is for Giggles

 Bet you thought I was going to do a G is for girls post similar to my boys one but no today is for sweet Giggles. Not sure how much I've mentioned about her so this will be a little refresher course. Giggles is the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen, everyone can't believe how pretty she is. Slightly curly blond hair and the biggest dark blue eyes I've ever seen. She is also the loudest child I have ever met and the most courageous, nothing scares her. Honestly I wish she was more scared of doing crazy things I feel like I am always having to call her social worker and let her know how many injuries she's amassed that day. Giggles is as rough and tumble as my boys but still likes to have her nails painted. Everyone tells me how much 'my daughter looks like me' which I just say thank you instead of explaining that she's a foster child. Now that she's started talking so much more she'll smile and say 'Thank you Giggles pretty like mama pretty. Giggles really pretty.' Huge sentence for a child that was pretty much non verbal 6 months ago.

 As for whats happening with her case? Well that's where things get sticky. The judge decided to terminate her mother's rights since no one knows where she is BUT she also rule for reunification with the father. The father is in jail and will be for another 2- 2 1/2 years. He's only seen Giggles ONCE and that one time was when we were on vacation near him and took her in for a visit. The father has never raised any of his children (he says his rights were terminated but no one can find the proof) and has a history of drug abuse. I am so heartsick over this decision. I hope that he is serious about getting his life together and that he is the world's best single dad or that he screws up REALLY early so that it doesn't affect her. She'll FIVE by the time he gets out and starts getting visits with this man. She'll have 4- 6 months to get used to the idea of living with a total stranger. To go from a loving caring home with lots of siblings, toys and parents that know how to handle more difficult children to an unknown situation. (Just in case I haven't mentioned it earlier Giggles is an extremely difficult child, we adore her but she gives us a run for our money :) ) I know a lot can happen in two years but this is one of the biggest worries on my mind right now. Sorry for the downer of a post I'll make it up to you with picture of Giggles camping this weekend.
You can't see it in the picture but she camouflaged herself with dirt, she is covered head to toe. 

2 comments:

  1. I acknowledge your heart in providing a home for this child. I have often thought of fostering, but we have five children of our own, and no extra space. I hope everything works out for Giggles.

    SiouxsiesMusings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will they allow you to stay in communication with her? Hope that if it's not a good situation she is able to stay with you longer.

    ReplyDelete