Family

Family

Friday, August 17, 2012

More waiting...

Well I'm still waiting for my next placement so I'll bore you with another story about some of our previous placements. I got a call for a brother and sister. The sister is 4 and the boy is 2.
"No I'm not supposed to take boys, I have a room set up for girls. There's fairies in there"
SW- 'Oh that's ok he's only 2 he won't mind. If you can't take them we'll have to separate them. It should only be for a short time. They'll go to their aunt in a couple days.'
"A couple days? Well I suppose I could just this once...." This whole time I'm thinking well Moose is 2 I have all the stuff I need for a 2 year old. If he doesn't have clothes they can just share for a couple days.
 Later that day 4 year old BrightEyes and 2 year old Hulk were dropped off at my house. Hulk was the biggest 2 year old I had ever seen he was bigger than BrightEyes and Cap! He had to wear the clothes Legoman had just outgrown. BrightEyes was a doll, sure she whined when she needed to clean but was very good at listening most of the time. The most annoying thing she did was coat herself, the house walls and play structure in mud while she was outside. Oh and she refused to flush the toilet or put her toilet paper in the toilet. Icky but not anything that was really difficult.
 Hulk on the other hand was the most articulate 2 year old ever. It was hard to remember he was only 2 between his size and speech. The only problem was he was 2! Two year olds hit and play rough because they're still learning their boundaries. Most of the time that's fine because most 2 year olds are too small to really hurt someone. Well not Hulk. He jumped on Legoman's chest causing a sever asthma attack, I was starting to dial 911 when his inhaler finally kicked in. He also managed to get Moose into a choke hold and squeeze until Moose was turning purple. Luckily Moose bit Hulk and got himself freed before I got over there. I've never come so close to spanking a child that wasn't mine.
 Both the parents in the case were great. I love it when I have parents that aren't mad at me or blame me for things. I had the kids call them almost every night and bent over backwards so they could have extra visits. Note for any parents who have kids in the system. Foster parents can be your friends. I personally go out of my way for the kind parents. Plus the reason the kids were removed was odd. The kids were loved, taken care of and not abused.
 So aunt didn't get them in a couple days. In fact they were here for 20 days. I know I know not long at all but I was so done when they left. They ended up going to another foster placement as we were going out of state for our anniversary and had let them know about it BEFORE we accepted the placement. They had said oh sure not a problem they should be at aunt's by then. Yeah see if I believe that line again. (Seriously though this isn't the first time I've fallen for it.) Kids will be home soon though so that will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment