Family

Family

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Soccer, Football and Preschool Oh My!

 So Bug and Smiles went to dad and grandpa that Tuesday. I think I forgot I had the blog so I didn't update and haven't updated for awhile. The grandpa and dad seemed AMAZING they were wanting to know anything about the girls that I could tell them and kept thanking me which made me feel good. It was one of those reunions (well Bug had never met him so not sure what you'd call it for her) that make you feel good inside. One where you know they are going to love the children and do whatever they can to be good parents. Maybe not perfect but who is?


Super excited for school!
Seriously? What's up with the pirate face?
Whats up with my life now? Well, both my littles are in preschool. Princess is in an early intervention preschool because they say she has social and speech issues. I think she's just shy because at home she talks a ton and is very out going with people she knows well. For now she only goes 2 days a week and the bus picks her up at our door and drops her off at our door. She loves her bus, she gets a sticker for buckling herself in and its almost always the first thing Princess shows me when she steps off the bus. Plus the driver always compliments her outfit and flattery will get you everywhere with Princess. Moose started preschool as well but his was the free preschool that our school district is doing now for 4 year olds. He goes 4 days a week but I have to take him, no bus :(. I made both of their outfits for school and appliqued the first letter of their names on the outfits. I didn't make Moose's shirt but I did make the pants. I made everything of Princess' outfit, including the bow.
Watching for her bus

Done with pictures
  My older boys are homeschooled. We use k12 which is sort of a combination of homeschool and public school. Its considered public school and you don't need to buy any of the curriculum. We also qualify financially to qualify for a computer. They actually sent one for each boy this year since they had online classes at the same time. There is also a teacher my job is to be their 'learning coach' which means I'm basically teaching, grading and doing everything BUT there is another person in charge of helping my kids learn. Their teachers also do online classes, tutoring and answer any questions my boys or I have. She is also the one who gives them their quarterly assignments to make sure they're actually working and occasionally asks for work samples. I love it. There are some issues but most of them are minor in comparison to the benefits. For first day of school this year my big boys wore their pjs.
Legoman, in Christmas jammies
Sleeping in on the 1st day

Captain
Getting to work first thing by playing
some online games
   Both big boys are in sports this year too which is keeping us busy. Legoman started soccer and Captain started football again. This is Cap's 2nd year of football and he has changed so much since last year. He is FAST and focused and determined. Last year he'd get distracted by everything and lost interest while playing. This year he is one of the best on the team (keep in mind I am his mom and maybe a little bias). He is loving it and his coach is loving his new attitude. Legoman is doing pretty well with soccer but he's a bit more interested in socializing with his best friend than putting in his full focus. As long as he's having fun I'm happy.







No comments:

Post a Comment