Family

Family

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Blowing off the dust

 So I haven't posted for awhile but that's probably ok since I don't think anyone actually reads this or follows me. I have good news today! Yesterday our local the manager of our DCFS office called and asked if I could do her a favor. Wow that worried me, I was thinking oh no a big sibling set that we're not licensed for or extreme disabilities or something like that. Nope nothing like that, would I mind a 2 year old girl for a couple of months while her parents wait for an ICPC? (Yes I realize they're not her biological parents but they've had her since she was tiny and really they are her parents) I asked if she had any issues or special need still trying to find out where this favor came in. Nope no real issues some very minor things same as with Moose. Of course I said yes and the whole family came over today.
 I spent all last night worrying about making a good impression and what if they didn't like me and all sorts of crazy stuff. Well they got here and the family was great. The little girl is so CUTE and her and Moose got along really well. They actually look pretty similar and could pass as twins. So all the minions played while the adults got a chance to talk and get to know each other. Now we'll get to do a transition for Giggles where she'll get to come over and play while her house is being packed up and some overnights where her parents come after she's been awake for a bit until they have to leave. So hard for them but hopefully paperwork will go fast, either way I think Giggles will be so much fun.
  So what have we been doing while we've been empty? Experimenting with edible play doughs! This one is oatmeal, flour, peanut butter, sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Each boy got a pinch of sugar, pinch of cinnamon and raisins to mix in and 'make cookies'. I still think it was too goopy.





Oh and we weren't chosen for the two girls, I'm ok with it now. For awhile though I was sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment